Thursday, March 23, 2006

No wonder I'm still not married

My friends and relatives can never understand why I'm still not married in my late 30s. I tell them that it's a tough world out there, in a dating sense. And getting tougher every day. A perfect example just rolled into my email inbox, and I felt I had to share it, so others watch and learn. The email is from Karen, a woman I had met online, and exchanged a handful of emails with late last year.

"I got your phone message..I am not at all interested in someone who calls whenever they feel like it...especially from a man who has a bunch of kids to pay for..and is a bit alcking [sic] in a few other departments...i think you were rude and inconsiderate and have absolutely no use for you.

Karen"


I found this to be extremely entertaining, given the fact that the last contact I had with this particular woman was over 4 months ago. I called the day she gave me her phone number, but since she wasn't home, I left a very polite 15-second message. I never heard back from her, either by phone or email.

Fast forward to the present. She obviously wasn't intending to sendt this message to me as I have no kids, and haven't called her since before Christmas. But I'm more than a bit disturbed by her attitude.

She isn't interested in a guy who calls whenever he feels like it? If anything, women most frequently criticize men for not calling often enough.

And how about the part about "a bunch of kids to pay for". How does that make you feel, reader? How many single people over the age of 30 DON'T have kids to pay for? If anything, I'm the weirdo in society for being childless.

But the final line "you were rude and inconsiderate and have absolutely no use for you" truly sums it up. The pot that has just called the kettle black is now off to find a polite and chivalrous guy.. and make his life hell.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home