Monday, January 16, 2006

My 2 cents worth.

I tried to mail a letter at the post office today but couldn't as the doors were locked. I didn't inform them in advance that I was showing up, so I concluded that the doors were bolted for another reason. Then it hit me like Jenny Craig hits the vending machine outside the gym that it was a holiday. It didn't matter which holiday, since the USPS takes the day off for every one. Didn't we just give those guys a 2 cent raise? I'll be sure to take the day off right after my boss gives me a raise, too. Like that'll ever happen.

And while I'm thinking of it, isn't the USPS a government agency? It must be because it has that US right there in the name. How about that 'separation of church and state' thing that the bleeding heart liberals always whine about? They should be demanding that the post office ignore all religious holidays and work straight through. Sure, Martin Luther King Day isn't a religious holiday. But I'm not sure why it's any sort of holiday at all. I'm not arguing that MLK wasn't a decent guy, and all. I mean, other than the plagiarism and adultery. Still, why his is the only American birthday that we have a national holiday for?

But I digress. The fact is that all the government workers give themselves the day off just because some boxing promoter nailed his 95 Theses on a church door in 1963. Again with the religious thing. Doesn't anybody see this but me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home